Friday, September 15, 2006

Poland, the early days...





Warsaw, August 29: Self-portrait after transatlantic flight, change in Frankfurt for second flight to Warsaw. Awaiting third flight to Lodz. Have made self sincere promise never, ever to fly across an ocean on an American carrier again. You'd have more leg room if you stuffed yourself in a cardboard box and went by mail. I'm going on British Air or Lufthansa next time.



World's most expensive nap. Had 8 hour layover in Warsaw. If I were entirely a different sort of person, I'd have used this opportunity to engage in some edifying tourism of Warsaw proper. Being the lazy bastard I am, I drug my 40 pounds of carry on luggage across the street to the only close hotel. A Marriot. 70 Euro for a six hour nap and a bath. Worth it.

World's boingy-est meal. "Sausage Plate" courtesy of the Warsaw airport




Scenes from walk to and from dormitory in Lodz. Note car driving down sidewalk in top photo.





Okay, that's all for today. Please continue to join me here as I bitch constantly about each and every single place I visit like the insufferable little princess that I clearly am.

4 Comments:

Blogger A+ said...

That's clearly awesome.

Miss ya.

9:56 AM  
Blogger birdfarm said...

Just tell us what you're experiencing--you don't have to pretend to like something if you don't. We like to hear what you're doing.

Also, it's hilarious.

FYI, Lufthansa I think does actually stuff you in a cardboard box, or that's how I felt after our last trip to Germany. BA is a better (if much more expensive) choice.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

At least you won't scare off the locals by smiling too much.

You've got me checking into prices for business class upgrades... and sleeping pills. I'm dreading the 10 hr flight.

10:57 AM  
Blogger astrid jane said...

Okay...screw Lufthansa. And I am never flying United Airlines to Europe again...my German ancestors were probably only marginally more uncomfortable on THEIR transatlantic crossing and they were knawing on stale bread and raw potatoes and fighting Typhus all the way.

British Air is the way to go man, it's often the cheapest option too. British air gives you lots of legroom, free liquor as I recall, and they feed you about every 30 minutes...like you're a foi gras goose. It's FABULOUS.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home