Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fuck, I gotta post something

Okay, look...I haven't posted anything in awhile. I had to teach an intensive summer class for about a month there, and I was literally working 14 hour days. Not only did the class meet for 2 and a half hours everyday, but it was the first time I ever lectured so I was frantically writing and researching content all day every day.

For the last week I've kinda been sleeping it all off and watching TV.

What else is new?

1. I am never talking to Joel again. I am sick of him. He is a small, ugly man. He went through a short relationship recently and had taken to calling me, telling me at length how great the sex was, waiting for me to get upset, and then telling me that I need to go into counseling for my moods.

2. I put my Match ad back up. I took it down while I was teaching because I didn't want my students to maybe find it, and because, once again, I couldn't bring myself to respond to anyone who was emailing me. It's back up again because clearly the only thing fueling my lingering crush on little, mean, homely Joel is complete long-term deprivation and my overall lack of hope, love and sex-wise. Going on blind dates is like enduring a tax audit while getting tea-bagged by Dick Cheney, but I just have to keep at it.

3. Almost all of my friends have left town. I am alone. I don't like being left along on holidays, even shitty cocksucking Republican holidays like the 4th. I get to thinking that maybe everyone is at a picnic without me.

2 Comments:

Blogger dorotha said...

well, if it makes you feel better, today isn't the fourth. this is actually kind of making me insane. i feel like it isn't very patriotic to celebrate independence day on a day other than the fourth.

11:40 PM  
Blogger jeremy said...

The NYT had an article today about how 7/2 would make more sense as Independence Day than 7/4. Regarding the various adjectives Jane uses to describe the latter, I have no opinion.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home