Friday, May 26, 2006

Mr. Angry Apologizes

So...the day after I got the email included in the post below this one, I got a follow-up email from the same guy. He wanted to apologize. That was nice, I suppose.

Here's what it said:

"Hey, I owe you an apology. I'm sorry, I was just really hurting emotionally that day and felt like lashing out. There is no excuse. Of course, I don't expect you to write back.....never did. However, my actions were childish an insensitive. I hope you laughed it off.

I'm usually a very kind person but a woman was particularly rude to me that day and it brought out the worst in me.

I wish you luck in your doctoral endeaver."


Okay. But...um...I still got issues with this. First of all, I'm real sorry "a woman" was mean to you, but WHAT THE FUCK does that have to do with me? Oh, oh, oh...right, I'm sorry, we're kind of all the same...I keep forgetting. It's kinda like, you know, you're having a really bad day at work, and then on the way home some Asian dude cuts you off in traffic, so then you come straight home and start screaming racial slurs at the old Korean lady next door while bashing in the windows of her car with a tire-iron. You know, it's like just that.

The other reason I'm not-super impressed by Mr. Angry's act of contrition is his personal ad itself.

Observe:
1. He lists his age as 38
2. Clearly, he's actually about 45
3. He only wants women between the ages of 18 and 30.
4. Oh...also they have to be "slender."

Fucker. Don't even know what he was doing looking at my ad in the first place, since, at 32, I'm clearly too old (and too chubby) for his sorry 45-year old ass...

Fucker

6 Comments:

Blogger A+ said...

That guy is seriously 45 if he's a day.

Any naive illusions I had about men with PhDs being somehow more enlightened flew out the window when this assface came to town.

10:57 PM  
Blogger jeremy said...

I think you should go out with him. I think it would make a more interesting anecdote than the normal way one would spend an hour or two of time, and what's the quality of one's life if not the quality of one's anecdotes.

7:36 AM  
Blogger dorotha said...

if you follow jeremy's advice, can we all come along and secretly film it? we can arrive at the coffee shop or whatever before you get there. at the very least, as he leaves, we can trip him or something.

and jeremy's right about the anectdote thing.

7:43 AM  
Blogger astrid jane said...

Sure, great. But then I get to send Jeremy and Dorotha on dates with the partner of my choosing.

1:33 PM  
Blogger jeremy said...

This sounds like one of the better blog ideas ever.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Lifeisabuffet said...

Mark my words "Drop him like a hot potato". What a five-star dork!

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home