Friday, January 20, 2006

random notes 1/15-1/20

1. Classes started this week. Something I learned in one of my classes is that if your hair is badly thinning, do NOT, under any circumstances, dye it jet black and comb it backward with great hand-fulls of Depp hair gel. The effect is disturbing.

2. My cat, Lola, started this weird thing where she wants to climb onto my left shoulder and snog my ear in that excessively loud, slobbery purring cat way. She only does it while I'm sitting on the john.

3. Lemonade Crystal Light is surprisingly tasty.

4. I always have a nervous habit, but it'll change from time to time. Sometimes I chew my fingernails, sometimes I'll need to rotate and stretch some part of my body (my neck, a wrist) until its swollen and painful, which'll only make me feel like I need to do it more. Or I'll pick at something, like a zit, until I work it into a right little scar. Recently I can't seem to stop chewing on my tongue. Sometimes my tongue'll get a little white sore on it from rubbing against the jagged edge of one of my teeth. Once that happens I can't stop scraping it and chomping on it. It's like it has this itch deep down inside it. It's gotten so bad my mouth tastes a little like blood most of the time.

5. I've had three dreams this week that I've woken from in a cold sweat. Two involved being chased by the walking dead, in the third I'd been told I had to teach a college-level math class.

6. If you think dating someone a lot uglier than you means they'll be grateful and treat you better, you are sadly mistaken. Try to find hot, insecure people instead. Then you can be the mean, ugly one.

4 Comments:

Blogger A+ said...

In my experience, even the hottest guys didn't treat me any worse than the fug ones.

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given the frequent cat references, I think we'd all apprecaite a cat photo or two on the blog.
-ACL

2:19 PM  
Blogger birdfarm said...

i love my nervous habits. they make life worth living.

i just subscribed to your blog so i will now be a devoted and attentive reader. i got out of the habit when you weren't posting for a while, and i'm sorry. but i'm back now.

2:04 PM  
Blogger AK said...

Oh my God, I had no idea you were back to blogging! Now I will link to you on my blog. Hooray!

And congrats on passing the prelim, even if it was with an ass-reaming. Can we celebrate when I am back in Madison for a visit?

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home