Saturday, January 14, 2006

Holy fucking shit

I PASSED, I actually PASSED. I can't even believe it. I was so sure I failed I called my friend Shamus and made him log onto my email account as me and tell me what the email said when I finally got it (if'n you're an outside reader...unlikely, since about 2 people read my blog and I should spare myself the bother of typing and just call them both......yeah, well, if you aren't in my grad department, our preliminary exam results come in the form of an email from the department secretary.) I was too scared to look at the email myself..I thought "I'll see that big FAIL all in capital letters and my eyeballs will burst into flames." Better to hear it from a friend. But I passed.

The catch is, even though I passed, it was what we call a "weak pass"....meaning, I squeaked through so narrowly I'm required to meet with someone on my committee to "discuss the results." Basically, I have to report for an ass-chewing sometime next week. They'll be like "We decided to pass you, but you didn't really deserve it...and this is why...blah, blah, blah"

I don't mind, I guess. Its a little like finishing some awful thing and having someone hand you a Special Olympics "Good Effort" medal. Except Special Olympics kids get praised and taken out for pie at Denny's after, they don't have to meet with the judges and get told they basically did alright except they're still really throwing that javelin like a retard.

Whatever. A weak pass is still about a million times better than having to retake the fucker. I told Reba and Virginia I wanted a cake that says "Congratulations on your Pass-With-Ass-Reaming!" They said they'd do it. Really, that's even better than getting a cake that says "Congratulations on your Pass!" or even "Congratulations on Distinction!" because mine will have more icing.

HA!

1 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

Congratulations!!!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home