Tuesday, June 07, 2005

i found out what "polyfi" means.......

Okay, so after recieving that kind invite from the gentleman in Texas and his blushing "not fiancee" here in Madison, I googled "polyfi" to find out more about it. It is, indeed, a form of polyamory. But not just any polyamory...

This from Polyblog your online resource for all things Polyamory.

In it's most basic form, polyfidelity is a closed group relationship. Where all the people in the triad, quad, circle, whatever you want to call it, only have relationships with those in their family group. Polyfidelity is like monogamy, but with more than two people. It's the one of the few types of polyamorous relationship in which I'd want children to be involved. It doesn't do a child any good, in my opinion, to see a parade of lovers, whether their parent is married, divorced, single, whatever.

Polyamory has a lot of different flavors, like ice cream. Everyone likes ice cream, but most everyone has a different favorite flavor.


Mmmmmmm...sweet, creamy Polyamory. I want two scoops....no, make that three

While I would agree with the writer that most people (at least most people of European descent, who are less likely to be lactose intolerant) do enjoy the occasional serving of ice cream...most people most definately do not like "ice cream" when "ice cream" actually means "ideological commitment to non-monogamy." As food metaphors go, I think "Clamato," that distinctive tomato and bi-valve flavored juice drink sold at supermarkets, would actually be a better metaphor for swinging, wife swapping, polyfi, sport fucking, or whatever else your people call it. Most people definately do not like Clamato. I, myself, enjoy neither Clamato or "Clamato"...but thanks for asking.

4 Comments:

Blogger dorotha said...

mmmm... clamato on ice cream.....

9:01 AM  
Blogger A+ said...

Embarrasingly, I like Clamato. Not "clamato," just the juice. (It's good in Bloody Marys!) I know, I'm weird. But at least I'm not polyfi.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polyfi is as monogamous as it gets, myself and my two partners have been in a committed loving relationship for 10 years, we have two children and a third on the way.
Even during this economic downtime we are still able to afford karate and after school classes for the kids. Try that in a two adult household.

Sorry lady but you are one stuck up bitch. Your idea one one man one woman is not only a relatively new concept as far as nature goes, but it has been proved to not work by nature and in fact is not practiced in nature.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yea anonymous! good for you!! I totally agree with you. We are not meant to be monogamous. It's good to know there are people like you out there. I'm embarking on my first poly-fi triad! (hopefully...)

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home