Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Things I am not psyched about

1. One of my cats puked on a copy of this German magazine that I bought at Borders because it had a news article related to my thesis. I hadn't read the article yet, 'cause it takes me about three days to read a long magazine feature in German. Now the magazine has cat vomit all over it, but I have to keep it and read it anyway after the vomit dries because foreign magazines cost, like, nine bucks at Borders.

2. I had this sort-of date planned with this guy from another grad program here who I met through my Nerve ad. Not to sound all elitist or anything, but its been awhile since I've had a date with someone who successfully completed college (or even high school) so I guess I was looking forward to it. I mean...I'm getting my Phd, so I suppose I thought another grad student and I would have more in common is all. I talked to this woman who knows him today, though, and turns out he's a total sex offender. She said he "talks mostly to breasts" and is "really uncomfortable to spend more than a short time with," although on the up-side she described him as "nice-ish." I suppose I should find a way to get out of it now.

3. I bought a whole bunch of plain yogurt because I was going to eat healthy and lose weight by mixing up giant containers of my own yogurt with fruit and granola and eating them for lunch everyday. Well, newsflash, I didn't ever get around to it, and I had to throw all of that yogurt out today because it was waaay past its sell by date and was making my fridge smell really bad.

2 Comments:

Blogger dorotha said...

um... may have more info for you for #2.

7:03 AM  
Blogger unixlinux said...

Nice blog. Check out my cat behavior blog.

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home