Saturday, December 11, 2004

Why I am not an entirely bad person

I got a call this morning from some friends of mine who have an infant. Apparently said infant came home from daycare with a strain of the flu that causes projectile vomiting and simultaneous turbo rectal discharge. Within 24 hours all three members of the family were hurling and crapping nonstop while begging to die. However, when you have an infant, turns out you can't just go to bed for three days, because a baby, sick or healthy, will not allow it.

So, right. So they call me and ask me to come over and take care of the kid for a few hours so they could get some sleep, AND I SAID YES. Despite the fact that it is finals week, and I have 80 papers to grade and two papers of my own to write (for rather unsympathetic professors, might I add.) I said "yes," and I went right over there into the house of the Evil Vomit Flu and picked up that germ covered baby and hung out with him for the afternoon. Now I will get it, and I will be totally fucked as a result, and I knew that ahead of time, but I did it anyway. Shit, this is really going to suck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

god, you're just like Beth in Little Women who went and cared for a sick child who died and then caught scarlet fever and died later on! it was so sad...

8:55 AM  
Blogger astrid jane said...

Oh please, Beth was so sanctimonious, i couldn't WAIT until she finally kicked it. Now...me horking up my stomach all last night, that was TRAGIC.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home